~ 2 min read
Building a website using Astro
Astro is an all-in-one web framework for building fast, content-focused websites.
- Component Islands: A new web architecture for building faster websites.
- Server-first API design: Move expensive hydration off of your users’ devices.
- Edge-ready: Deploy anywhere, even a global edge runtime like Deno or Cloudflare.
- Customizable: Tailwind, MDX, and 100+ other integrations to choose from.
- UI-agnostic: Supports React, Preact, Svelte, Vue, Solid, Lit and more.
Try Astro in your browser
Visit astro.new and choose from a variety of templates to get started. Play around with a full, working version of Astro right in your browser!
- View all templates →
- Start your first project
- Section titled Start your first project
- Get a new Astro project up and running locally with our helpful create-astro CLI wizard!
Create a new project with npm
npm create [email protected]
Our Installation Guide has full, step-by-step instructions for installing Astro using your favorite package manager.
Section titled Learn Astro See examples of some of the key concepts and patterns of an Astro site!
- Add your first page to your site.
- Read more about Astro’s project structure.
- Learn about Astro’s file-based routing.
- Start your next project with a prebuilt theme
- Customize your site with official and community plugins and components.
- Get inspired by visiting our site showcase.
Join the Astro Community
Join in the Astro Discord to share with and get help from an active, friendly community!
- Say hi in our #introduce-yourself channel!
- Ask our Support Squad a question in our #support-threads channel!
- Share what you’ve been working on in our #showcase channel!